SARAH J. HAYAT, M.D.
Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, Critical Care Medicine and Sleep Medicine, Dr. Hayat has been practicing in Gwinnett County for over 4 years. She trained in Morgantown, WV where she also served as faculty, training physicians in Pulmonary, Critical Care Medicine. Dr. Hayat has a special interest in the evaluation and management of COPD, Asthma and Sleep-related breathing disorders. She also serves as a staff physician at the Gwinnett Health Department Tuberculosis Clinic. Dr. Sarah Hayat is married to Dr. Khalid Hayat, who is prominent local Cardiologist, Electrophysiologist. Together, they are proud parents of two children. She has a special interest in NeoClassical Architecture, Interior Designing. She also loves cooking, reading, biking and spending time with her family.
Education and Training
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, Aga Khan University, Medical College. Karachi, Pakistan.
- Internal Medicine, Robert C. Byrd, Health Sciences Center, WVU, Morgantown, WV
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Robert C. Byrd, Health Sciences Center, WVU, Morgantown, WV
- Gwinnett Medical Center, Lawrenceville
- Gwinnett Medical Center, Duluth
- Joan Glancy Rehabilitation Center, Duluth
- Gwinnett Sleep, Sleep Disorders Center for Gwinnett Pulmonary Group
Board Certification (Diplomat)
- Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine
- Sleep Medicine
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American Thoracic Society
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- Association of Pakistani Physicians of North American (President 2012)
- Staff, Tuberculosis Clinic, Gwinnett Health Department